Know someone between the age of 14 and 20 that wants to learn more about the fire service? Check out our Explorer Program
Explorer Post 4300 is a division of the Boy Scout’s Learning for Life Program. The goal is to provide Explorers with a basic understanding of the fire service. Explorers who have participated in our program have gone on to complete college level Fire Science and EMT/Paramedic degree programs and have joined the ranks of the Fire Service as Volunteer and Career Firefighters.
* Academic Knowledge / Professional Development
* Team Building - Crew Dynamics / Interaction
* Hands-on Practical Skills Training
* Emergency Medical Skills - First Aid/CPR
* Physical Fitness
* Must be a graduate of 8th grade and between the ages of 14 and 20.
* Must be able to attend weekly drills every Thursday from 6:30pm to 08:30pm.
* Required to maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average at school.
* Complete assigned duties/responsibilities in a timely manner.
* Comply with dress and personal conduct codes.
* Willingness to make improvements and show self motivation.
* Required to participate in community service events and fundraising activities.
* Explorers will be issued educational material, personal protective equipment, and uniform items all of which must be returned if the Explorer leaves the post for any reason.
Further Information and Questions:
* Come see firsthand what our Explorer Program has to offer. Stop in on a Thursday evening to observe
one of our training sessions.
* For further information or if you have questions, please contact the Post Advisor Lieutenant Brad White at BWhite@ofallon.org or Chief Brent Saunders at BSaunders@ofallon.org.
There is an informative fyler attached if you would like to download the information to hang up.